Over the past couple of months I've been heavily involved with a project benefiting the annual auction at Grace's school. Every class within each grade level made a project to be auctioned, with first grade being quilts.
Between another mother and I, we managed to go to each of the seven first grade classrooms and have the children draw an image on a prefabricated quilt square. There were twenty squares per quilt, based on a theme that the teacher had selected (Grace's class was the jungle).
Once the children completed the squares, I got busy with the assembly. Needless to say, sewing seven quilts was a rather time intensive process. However, it was such a relief to trim the threads on the final quilt, knowing they were done! Now we await the auction this evening to see how many eager bidders we'll have.