Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crafting for a Cause


Crafting, in many forms, weaves it's way through our days. I find creating things for others so rewarding. In the past I have participated in two craftism projects - when I made blankets for orphans in China through our adoption agency and when Grace and I made hats for infants in Haiti for a Mama to Mama project (photo above, from last fall). I had planned to participate in the Craft for China project (since my heart is with the orphans in China) but after learning that it had been canceled I happily fell upon Craft Hope (click on the "button" in the sidebar). Their current project is making dolls for an orphanage in Nicaragua. I've never made a doll before but my goal is to make four of them by the deadline (photo below, Grace's sweet hands holding stuffed doll limbs). Why four you ask - well, since Grace is four we thought that would be the perfect number of little dolls to make.

I look forward to participating in more craftism projects, especially those that support orphans around the world. After all, although hard to believe, our Grace was once an orphan too!

No comments:

Post a Comment