Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another Quilt

This past week I finished yet another quilt - it's for the current Craft Hope project benefiting Margaret's Hope Chest. This project helps children a bit closer to home than the other projects I've participated in. The quilts are going to be distributed to homeless children in the state of Michigan during the holidays. If you would like to participate too, just click the "button" on the sidebar - you have until November 15th.

My goal for this project was to use materials that I already had on hand, meaning no trips to the local quilt shop. That sent Grace and I sorting through the fabric in my stash. We happened to find a yard of a farm animal print, perfect for a child. So that fabric, along with some white muslin and a few blenders became the bright and happy quilt below.



This was one of those do good, feel good projects for me - a perfect start to my holiday crafting. It was the last quilt that I had planned on completing prior to the holidays. But....then I fell upon this post (here), so I may have changed my mind. Oh how nice it would be to finish my two "UFO's" in time for the New Year.

Happily off to start the next project on my list......

No comments:

Post a Comment