Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday Handmades

Well here it is nearly two weeks after Christmas and I'm just getting around to posting about some of the gifts I made during the holidays......


Hopscotch quilt - as I was thumbing through the Magic Cabin catalog I saw a hopscotch mat that I knew Grace would love. After a bit of thinking I came up with a pattern and made one for her. The quilt is rainbow themed, with a pot of gold being the number ten square (a bit difficult to see in photo). I also made her three beanbags (in the lower right corner) to add to the hopscotch fun.


Doorway puppet theater - Grace enjoys putting on shows of all kinds for Dean and I, so the idea of a theater came to mind. I loosely followed the pattern and instructions in Amy Karol's book, "Bend the Rules Sewing". I also made a set of family puppets (you can see the Grace and Sophie puppets in the photo) using the directions from "Bend the Rules with Fabric", Amy Karol's second book.


Photo pillows - I made one of these for each of the grandparents using the instructions from the book, "Stitched in Time" by Alicia Paulson. Each pillow was unique, since the photo and fabric varied on each pillow.


Caramel Corn - Grace and I made three batches of (this) yummy recipe to give as "parting gifts" to family on Christmas Eve. Besides making cookies for Santa that's all the baking we had the opportunity to do.

Now I'm dreaming of what to make Grace for her birthday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment