Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Grace the Entertainer

We had a busy weekend spending time with family, celebrating my cousin Christopher's graduation from high school. It's hard to believe that he was just an infant at the time of my own graduation - oh how time flies!


As usual, Grace busied herself by providing the adults with some entertainment. From swimming in the pool to demonstrating her gymnastics skills, she took her "entertainment committee" role seriously.

On Sunday, while spending the day with Meme and Pop, she pretended to be a lifeguard at the beach. In her words, "I'm a lifeguard and I'm doing good work at my job". Her duties included: putting Pop in timeout for allowing his dog in the water, rescuing a swimmer from a sting ray, rescuing Pop from a shark that was biting his neck, calling all swimmers out of the water due to a mother sea turtle protecting her baby, and other numerous timeouts for activities such as, swimming in deep water, spitting, throwing rocks and feeding the pelicans.

Phew, I'd say that's one busy day on the lifeguard stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment