Wednesday, June 19, 2013

MQG blocks.

 
I recently joined the newly formed Sarasota chapter of the Modern Quilt Guilt. Every once and awhile I would check the MQG website to see if a chapter popped up in our area, and one day much to my surprise there was one. And better yet, the group meets at our local library which is just a few short miles from our house.
 
The chapter is making a group quilt in which each member contributes a block or two. The fabric had to be a solid (or read as a solid) and in Florida-themed colors. Other than the finished block size and fabric requirements, the sky was the limit. After a bit of contemplating, I opted to make a circular block along with a zigzag, two techniques I have wanted to try. After I took the photograph, I quilted them using a quilt-as-you-go technique.
 
Now they're ready to become part of the group quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment