Monday, September 21, 2009

Current Projects

My creative juices have been flowing lately. It seems that my "spare" time is spent sewing or dreaming about what to make next. Here's two of this week's projects....


While Grace was at school today (she normally only attends school Wednesdays and Fridays but it was picture day so she went for the morning) I made her a pencil roll for her colored pencils. I thought the roll would be a good storage alternative to the box they came in, since it was falling apart. Thank goodness Grace agreed - she can be a tough critic I tell you, especially when it comes her art work/supplies. She quickly organized each pencil with the coordinating fabric pocket and declared, "It's so beautiful".

In case you wanted to know, the pattern for the pencil roll was from the book, "Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson.


This weekend, while Grace had an overnight visit with Meme and Pop I got around to basting a quilt that I've (and Meme too) been working on - details when it's complete. As you can see Sophie found it to be a very comfortable spot to stretch after a long nap on the couch. And I wonder why it takes me so long to complete a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment